Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving break was interesting. Even though I had alot of fun with my friends and family, it turned out that there was suprising news that everyone had found out. For a while now my grandma has always been saying how stressed out she is and that she has alot on her plate to deal with but I never knew why. She would never really talk about what was bothering her but I knew it was something. On Thanksgiving my uncle who is also my godfather, had came to my grandparents which is something he rarely did. He is always nasty and never wants to talk to anyone in my family and he walks around being grumpy all the time. My mom finally ended up freaking out and complaining about how my uncle is always being so unfriendly and mean. My grandma finally didn't want to hear that anymore and told my mom that my uncle has cancer. This was such suprising news to us and the more suprising part was that my grandma has known for two years that my uncle is sick and she has not told anyone. His daughter,my cousin, and someone who I used to be very close with , doesn't even know that he is sick and doesn't get to see him often because she doesn't live with him. Somehow we need to figure out a way to tell her and help her cope with whatever will happen next. Great Thanksgiving right?

4 comments:

  1. Hearing the news that anyone has cancer is always rough. I do relay for life here and you never really know how many people are affected by cancer. Its is too common and just acceptable. Laughter and support are the best medicine and even though he may be grumpy if you support him maybe he'll turn around and realize to cherish his family more. This must have been a bad Thanksgiving! Never Give UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a horrible Thanksgiving. I'm suprised that both your uncle and grandmother could keep a secrect for that long. I know that if I was in your uncles position I would have trouble telling people but I think I would find a way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is a lot to learn about especially on Thanksgiving. It has to be so scary to find out something like that about your family. I was so scared when I found out about my grandma had cancer and it was really stressful and scary at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats's must have been really rough on your family. I hope your family gets through this hard stage and hopefully your uncle can be cured. It's the worst to get bad news on such happy occassions. Yes, it is scary but being with your family will help.

    ReplyDelete