Monday, October 19, 2009

Stress

These last couple of weeks have been overwhelmingly stressful and I just can't stop thinking about everything that is going on and all the things that I have to do. It might seem like I don't have that many responsibilities, from the outside looking in but I think in general it is so hard to be a college student.
Because of the recession, it doesn't make it any easier to be living away from your family or to ask your family for money. Money is a huge issue for most people in college because you are paying for everything on your own when you either don't make money or make very little of it.
Of course the real cause of my stress is school work. It seems like everytime I look in my planner the work keeps growing and the days of the week start coming to an end.
Stress is a wierd thing to think about because you know that in the end, everything will get done and when it does, you wonder why you were even stressing in the first place. The best thing I can do when I have so much work, bills, and places to go, is to write everything down. This way I will know exactly what needs to be taken care of that week and I can use my time management skills more sufficiently

10 comments:

  1. I agree with you about making "to do lists." It just allows you to seperate your time easier and to actually see what you have to do instead of guessing. One thing i try to do when i'm stressed at well is work out. Exercising even if only for a half hour in the gym or doing push ups and situps in your dorm lets out stress. Another thing i try to do is go to bed early. If i know i have a lot of tests in one week i get my rest so i can concentrate better.
    As for the money issue. I think everybody is in the same issue unless mommy and daddy give them money, which is fine.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had someone to help me out financially, because on my way home today my gas gauge read 0 miles to empty. As of right now I have no idea how I'm going to get back and forth to school next week or the week after. But I can't worry about it because it doesn't change anything. Hopefully, I'll see you all in class next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand your dilemma. These last couple of weeks have been very stressful with school and midterms. It feels like no matter how hard you try, you come up short and there's not enough time to do it all. I want to study for one class but at the same time, I need to write a paper for another. I agree that time management is definitely needed here. It's just very difficult to work on these things during such a busy time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stressed out as well and I am glad that I am not the only one. I feel that finances are a big burden on my shoulders right now. Everything is so expensive and I seem to spend money very quickly but on things that I need to live. My bills are crazy and it seems that the bill I just paid in sitting on my table again. It never ends and I get really sick of it. I hope that when I graduate I can make enough money to live comfortably because worrying about paying your bills is horrible. I always seem to make it through but at times I do not know how I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Times are tough!! I think that this a good wake up call for our generation that thinks nothing of spending all their money. I too am to blame for doing this, but it has helped me realize why it is good to save, plan, and prepare yourself for the future. Our parents did it, our grandparents di it, and now we have to learn how to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i sooo agree with you. i have also been completely stressed these past couple of weeks and i wish i could go home so bad but i live all the way in Brooklyn and it costs alot of money to get home.
    i am so overwhelmed with school and it seem like no matter how hard i try and manage my time and keep up, i still end up with some work not done. i will be so glad when this semester is over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agreee with you. college is more stressful than people know. Like my parents didnt go to college, so they have no idea what its like. and they think that it should just be a breeze and that the classes are probably really easy. A.)the GE's here are harder than your major classes, which is sooo dumb and B.)money is soooo tight. There are never any jobs around her unless youre working at the bar or on campus. its so annoying when everyone wonders why youre so stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I been feeling the same way, im from the Bronx so I always been able to find work and I know plenty of people to have always helped me find a job. However, at cortland I feel theres nothing! I dont know how Im going to do it for the next few months but I am defiantely considering tranfering back to the city because I dont see myself doing anything here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone is always saying there is nothing to do here and sometimes I could not agree more. Besides big house parties which are fun, there is nothing here besides a fast food chain and some motels. It is tough to bear with sometimes but none the less it has many positives. The people are nice and the scenery is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have noticed that great deals of stress is somewhat of a recurring pattern here right now. I know with the two 6 page papers plus a 4 page and another 2 page paper being due I felt like throwing in the towel but thankfully we all made it through the hell week alive and it's smooth sailing from here

    ReplyDelete