Monday, December 14, 2009

Cortland Friends

I've been asking some of my friends what I should blog about and everyone of their answers is ,"me". So I guess that's what I'll write about...

Leaving my friends at home to go away to school was really hard for me and I thought that no one would ever be able to replace them or have as much fun with me as they did. I had the greatest summer before school started and I didn't even want to come to school after it. I just wasn't interested in meeting any new people because I thought I had all I needed already.

When I came to school I loved my roomates and I had so much fun with them. But they ended up transferring and I was left with my other friends across the hall. I immediately became best friends with them and also became friends with the boys that lived upstairs. I would never imagine becoming so close to a group of people in my life but I definetaly was wrong. I couldn't picture leaving these people when summer came and I didn't know what to do. The experience of meeting these new 12 best friends was so great that I knew that I had to pledge for a sorority were I could meet even more people. When I was pledging, I became really close to two girls , Bridget and Dana. Now we are all inseperable and we do absouletely everything together. My life would be so different if these girls weren't in my life and there is never a dull moment when wer'e all together. Once again, I was incredibly happy with my decision to join this sorority. Along with having my group of 12 best friends from my first dorm building, my two best friends in my sorority, I also had 70 other girls to turn to whenever something was wrong.

Even after joining my sorority, I still continue to meet new people and have best friends that aren't in my sorority and didn't live in my freshman dorm. I can't beleieve I ever thought about passing up the oppurtunity to meet new people and new best friends. Now, I could never picture not meeting these friends and they have all impacted my life in such a huge way.

No comments:

Post a Comment