Since the beginning of my college experience, I have had a total of 4 roomates and I'm only in the first semester of my sophmore year. It's not that I have been a bad roomate or that no one wants to live with me but first semester my freshman year both my roomates transferred because Cortland wasn't for them and the next semester, me and my roomate did not get along. Since we didn't get along we decided not to be roomates this semester so once again I was getting another roomate. When summer was almost over I got a letter in the mail saying my roomates name was Yannett and she was from the Bronx. I tried to contact her but we never were able to talk before moving in. I was scared that we weren't going to get along and that we didn't speak over the summer. Then once the semester started and I moved in, she was not there yet and I still couldn't get in contact with her. A couple days went by and I still had no roomate.
One night I was with my friends at a house and I got a phonecall from my new roomate saying she was moving in that night. It was really late at night so I that was wierd and got a little nervous. But as soon as she walked into the building, she was all smiles and I knew I was going to love her. Being her roomate for this whole semester has been the greatest experience and I could never ask for a better roomate. She is such a warm-hearted, sweet, and genuine person that I hope to always keep in touch with. Unfortunately , our dorm building is being renovated next semester so I am moving off campus and we will no longer be roomates. I am so sad that we won't be living in the same room anymore but I know we will still see eachother all the time. =)
Its great that it finally worked out for you! It is hard to find a roomate that you can get along with and spend that much time with. My first roomate and I had so much fun together and are still great friends, but living together just wasn't for us. My roomate now is great and we get along terrific. We are both pretty relaxed about what goes on in our room and agree about most issue. Hope things continue to go well for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally found a perfect roommate. Having a good roommate makes everyone feel like they have someone to turn to. My roommmate is the same way. i can just talk to her and she makes my life easier. Well, she doesnt do anything but just talking about it makes it easier for me. I'm sorry that you will not be able to live with her anymore, but the memories will stay with you. I hope you guys stay in touch.
ReplyDelete